About one out of every four workers in New Orleans is without a job because of the coronavirus pandemic, topping the state just ahead of Baton Rouge at 21% without jobs and Lafayette at nearly 19%. Read the full story
Forty-seven days after coronavirus patient Tera Greene was admitted to the hospital in critical condition, she wept and praised God as she was wheeled into the waiting arms of her only daughter — just in time for Mother's Day. Read the full story
Louisiana’s ability to test for the coronavirus and track down those who came into contact with the infected--two vital elements of reopening the state’s economy – have ramped up considerably as the state inks deals for at least 250 contact tracers and moves closer to reaching its goal for t… Read the full story
A Central pastor who has defied emergency orders during the coronavirus outbreak by holding religious services has filed a lawsuit accusing state and local officials of threats and harassment. Read the full story
飞艇下再Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff Daniel Edwards filed a federal lawsuit Friday against the People's Republic of China claiming that the new coronavirus originated in a lab in Hubei province and not in a local market, as most scientists have said.
Baton Rouge Local Events
- Letters: Edwards making tough decisions, we should listen to him
- Letters: Legislators don't understand why they need to wear masks?
- Letters: Foreign Service promotes American interests around the world
- Ed Pratt: What's the argument going to be when infections go up, again?
- Baton Rouge Chamber: Summer school is vital to help students catch up
- Letters: Teacher says Fagan flops 'science test' for handling coronavirus
- Letters: New Orleans should take lead in historic transition to renewables
- Letters: Passion for progress stronger than novel coronavirus, pandemic